How to use Altsync for Outlook?
To use Altsync you have to make sure that all computers are using different email accounts.
Starting Altsync for Outlook
If you have just installed Altsync - restart Outlook. Then you should see the newly appeared Altsync toolbar. In Outlook 2007, 2010 and 2013 it looks like this:
Click Altsync icon to open Altsync window.
Adding a user to share with
When you open Altsync window you should see this:
- Select a folder you want to share on the left part of the window.
- Click "Add" to add a user email you want to share the folder with.
- Wait a few minutes before all items gets sent.
Note: only items created/modified from this point of time gets synchronized, if you want to synchronize all items (including past items), click "Resync All".
Accepting a share
- On the receiving computer click Send/Receive (F9).
- You should get an offer to share a folder - accept this offer and select a folder to place this shared folder to.
That's it! From now on all changes on all computers gets synchronized.
Sharing Outlook folders with Altsync is that easy!